Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken Copycat
Are you a fan of Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken? Do you want to enjoy this delicious dish from the comfort of your own home? Look no further!
In this article, we will guide you through the process of recreating Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken, providing you with a copycat recipe that is sure to impress your family and friends.
What Makes Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken Special
Bourbon Street Chicken stands out from other chicken dishes due to its unique blend of flavors.
The chicken is marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and a hint of bourbon, which imparts a delightful sweet and savory taste.
The sauce is then thickened to perfection, coating the chicken and infusing it with incredible flavors.
How to Make Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken at Home
let’s go through the process of creating Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken in your own kitchen. Follow these instructions carefully.
- 2 pounds boneless, chicken thigh meat, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar bourbon seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
- Chicken should be rinsed, dried off, and put in a big pan.
- 1 cup of the teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoons of the bourbon spice should be combined in a small bowl. Blend everything together until the bourbon flavoring is gone.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and give it a good swirl to coat it well. Chicken should be marinated overnight in the refrigerator. Cover pan with plastic wrap. Cleanly drain the chicken.
- Chicken should be added in a single layer to a hot stovetop grill or a large pan with a thick bottom over medium heat. Add the final teaspoon of bourbon flavoring by sprinkling.
- Cook while stirring often until meat thermometer registers 165 F and is lightly browned.
- In the meantime, heat up honey and the remaining 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce. Stir thoroughly to combine. Simmer on a medium heat setting. Add the cornstarch slurry while thoroughly swirling to avoid lumps. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, or until heated through and slightly thickened.
- Place the finished chicken on a serving plate. Just before serving, drizzle hot teriyaki glaze on top. Serve warm.
Enjoying Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken at Home
By following this copycat recipe, you can recreate the delicious Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken in your own kitchen.
Invite friends and family over to savor this flavorful dish and enjoy the comforting taste of Golden Corral right at home.
Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken Nutrition Information
- Serving: 146g
- Calories: 265kcal
- Carbohydrates: 11.8g
- Protein: 33.9g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Sodium: 998mg
- Potassium: 322mg
- Sugar: 11.2g
- Vitamin A: 50IU
- Calcium: 20mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
Golden Corral Bourbon Street Chicken is a delectable dish that captures the essence of New Orleans’ vibrant food culture.
By following our copycat recipe, you can recreate this flavorful chicken dish in the comfort of your own kitchen. Impress your loved ones with a homemade version that rivals the original!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, boneless chicken can be used instead of chicken thighs. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Absolutely! You can prepare the marinade ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before using it.
Yes, you can bake the marinated chicken in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Steamed rice, roasted vegetables, or a fresh green salad make excellent accompaniments to this flavorful chicken dish.
Absolutely! If you prefer a sweeter sauce, you can increase the amount of brown sugar in the marinade. Conversely, reduce the sugar for a less sweet flavor.
Yes, you can freeze any leftover chicken for future use. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag to maintain its freshness.